Suitable for 3 - 4 persons.
Kookoo Sabzi Recipe - Persian Herbal Omelette
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 250g chives
- 220g smooth parsley
- 20g dill
- 10g coriander (Cilantro)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper (black)
- 6 eggs
Instructions for Kookoo Sabzi
- Wash herbs, drain and cut small.
- Mix herbs well then add 6 eggs and stir.
- Stir in spices.
- Put oil in a pan and heat at high temperature.
- Add the herb omelet to a pan and reduce to medium / medium temperature after one minute. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Cut the herb omelette into 4 - 6 pieces and turn each one over. Cook for another 10 - 12 minutes.
Done is the Kookoo Sabzi!
Tip: I love to eat Kookoo Sabzi with a bit of bread and a thin layer of honey. It's hard to believe that something as sweet as honey would fit well with herbs and eggs, but trust me - it's fantastic!
Alternatively, it is often eaten with feta and walnuts.