Raspberry-white chocolates filling:
- 300g white chocolate (couverture) - 10.5 oz
- 500g frozen or fresh raspberries - 17.6 oz
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 200g whipped cream - 7 oz
- 250g mascarpone - 8.8 oz
Ingredients for chocolate brush strokes
- 200g white chocolate (couverture) - 7 oz
- Food color suited for chocolate - pink
Hazelnut sponge cake ingredients:
- 6 eggs
- 200g sugar (1 cup)
- 75g ground hazelnuts (3/4 cup)
- 175g flour (1 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 40g melted butter (1/3 stick of butter)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- To decorate: 40g blueberries, 5-7 strawberries, 20 raspberries, 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Wash and raspberries and crush with a fork. Alternatively, place frozen raspberries in a saucepan and warm until the raspberries turn to mush. Then puree the raspberries and strain the seeds out - discard seeds. Add sugar and lemon zest to remaining raspberry.
- Melt white chocolate over a water bath or in the microwave allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add raspberry mixture to white chocolate and fold gently. Allow to cool.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks and fold in raspberry mixture.
- Cut the hazelnut cake into 3 layers and evenly distribute white chocolate raspberries between each layer. Cover the cake with about a third of the chocolate raspberry cream.
- Melt white chocolate for the brush strokes (microwave or over a water bath).
- Color white chocolate with food coloring (suitable for chocolate).
- Cover a baking tray or large plate with baking paper. Pour small round blob (about 3/4 inch) on baking paper. Then using an offset spatula, spoon or brush press one side of the blob and pull. Do not press too hard - the baking paper should not really be visible, otherwise the chocolate brushstrokes will break. Put the baking sheet or plate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove brushstrokes from the baking paper with an offset spatula and press on the cake.
- Decorate cake with fresh fruits, chopped hazelnuts and a little powdered sugar and keep cool.