Vegan vanilla cake ingredients
- 250ml almond milk (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 80g vegetable oil (1/3 cup)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g of flour (about 1 1/2 cup - 1 3/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 sugar (3/4 cup)
Makes 2 X 15 cm (6") vanilla sponge cakes. Cover base of cake pans with baking paper. Greasing of sides not necessary. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. (340 F)
- Combine almond milk and vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- To the almond milk mixture add vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Add moist ingredients to dry ingredients and stir well.
- Pour cake batter in 2 X 15 cm baking pans and bake for 30 minutes. Allow for cakes to cool in cake pan for 5 minutes, then remove.