For a family members birthday last weekend, I wanted to prepare a peach based cake. I didn't want to make a traditional cake, however, but something with color and a wow-effect. So that is how this cake came about. The cake consists of 3 layers of vanilla cake, separated by delicious peach creams and covered in a peach buttercream.
For decoration, I used: macarons that I had prepared before, flowers, gold food coloring, a birthday cake topper, and buttercream in the color of peach.
Here are the ingredients to the cake. Below I show you how I prepared the cake (via video). However, the video is in German. But we all speak the same language of cake, so I think you'll be able to follow along.
Vanilla Cake Ingredients:
- 220g milk
- 1 package vanilla sugar
- 230g of butter (at room temperature)
- 390g flour
- 4 eggs
- 12g baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 350g sugar
Peach Cream Ingredients:
- 200g heavy cream
- 1 sans apart (or some other powder to stiffen the heavy cream)
- 250g mascarpone
- 4 peaches
- 4 - 5 Tbl spoon of the peach cream (from above)
- Overall, I used circa 460g butter. You will need about 480 - 700g of powdered sugar, depending on how sweet you want it and how sweet your peach cream is.
- Food coloring: Peach of RainbowDust
- My basic buttercream recipe: http://keyk.de/de/blog/back-rezepte-und-ideen/ombre-buttercreme-hortensien-und-rosen-rezept-fur-cupcakes-mit-video
- 50g white chocolate
- 4 - 5 El cream