Unicorn Meringue tools and ingredients needed:Here's what you'll need to make these unicorn meringue kisses (besides the ingredients):
Gel based food color in pink, turquoise, yellow, black (for the eyes), gold (for the horn).
Two brushes: one very fine one, to draw on the eyes and a thicker one to color the horn. Finally, and optionally, you may want to create the cheek effect with edible red dusting color and a bristle brush.
Vegan Aquafaba meringue Ingredients:
(makes about 40 unicorn kisses):
- 125 ml of chickpeas water. Drain the chickpeas from the tin. Put the canned water in the refrigerator overnight, then use.
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- 125 g of sugar
Instructions for Unicorn Meringues
- In a standmixer, mix chickpea water for 10 minutes until stiff peaks. Then add sugar (including vanilla sugar) and beat for another 5 minutes.
- Put 1/3 of the meringue aside and dye in 3 colors: pink, turquoise and yellow. In a line shape, distribute each color meringue on a piece of foil and wrap it to form a sausage. Prepare a piping bag with a small, closed star pastry tip. Then add the "sausage" with the three colors in a piping bag.
- Prepare a second piping bag with a large open circular tip and add the remaining white meringue.
- On baking paper, pipe small meringue kisses. Decorate with colorful meringue.
- Bake unicorn meringue. Preheat oven to 100 degreese Celcius for 75 minutes (210 Fahrenheit). After 75 minutes, turn off the oven and let the unicorn meringue cool completely.
- Paint eyes with a fine brush and black food coloring.
- Paint the unicorn horns with a brush and gold gel food coloring.
- Dust on some cheeks with red food color in pulver form.