Looking for a no-bake Oreo cake recipe without Cool Whip? Well, here it is!
Recipe inspired by https://www.thekitchenismyplayground.com/2012/07/classic-oreo-icebox-dessert.html
Cake pan: 22 cm X 33 cm (9 inches X 13 inches)
Servings: 16 - 20
No bake Oreo Icebox Cake IngredientsBase and decoration
- 45 Oreo cookies + 10 Oreo cookies (so 55 in total)
- 85g melted butter (6 tablespoons)
- 500g Mascarpone (about 17.5 ounces)
- 200g heavy cream (about a cup - two tablespoons less)
- 350g cream cheese (about 12 ounces)
- 125g powedered sugar (one cup)
- 400ml heavy cream (3 - 4 tablespoons less than two cups)
- 100ml milk (about half a cup)
- 2 packages of instant pudding with chocolate flavor - regular pudding won't work really well for this recipe. I like the pudding to be relatively firm so it doesn't spill over, which is why I use heavy cream instead. If you use regular pudding you could add extra cornstarch. But you're going to have to wait for the pudding to cool before spreading. But by waiting to spread, the pudding will have plenty of time to firm up, making it really difficult to spread. Trust me - I've tried.
No bake Oreo Icebox Cake recipe instructions
- Finely crumble 45 Oreos (including cream filling). Melt the butter and mix with the Oreos.
- Spread the cookies on the bottom of the mold, press well. Put in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Whip heavy cream and icing sugar with a hand mixer.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy, then add mascarpone and stir slowly. Then carefully fold whip cream under the mascarpone cream cheese mixture.
- Spread 2/3 of the Mascarpone cream cheese mixture on the Oreo base and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare instant pudding. Rather than using milk, use heavy cream and 100 ml of milk and cream with a hand mixer.
- Distribute the chocolate pudding onto the cream cheese mixture and smooth it out and put it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Use leftover cream cheese mixture to spread on chocolate pudding. Should be a thin layer.
- Remove cream filling from 10 Oreos and crumble distribute on the cake.
- Put in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Half an hour before serving, place in the freezer.