Lemon loaf cake recipe
Lemon loaf cake ingredients
- 4 eggs
- 90g vegetable oil (1/2 cup)
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 240g of flour (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon
- 200g sugar (1 cup)
Ingredients for the glaze
- 180g powdered sugar (1 1/2 cups)
- 5 - 8 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspon of vanille extract
Instructions for lemon loaf cake
- Prepare loaf cake pan by greasing with vegetable oil (sides and base) then linining the base with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 180 Celcius or 350 Fahrenheit.
- Beat eggs for a minute. Add sugar and beat for 2 minutes until lighter in color.
- Add vegetable oil, milk and lemon zest and combine well.
- Combine baking powder and flour together than add to the wet ingredients and combine briefly.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix.
- Fill loaf pan with lemon cake batter.
- Bake for 35 - 45 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Then remove from pan.
- Combine ingredient for glaze then pour over cake.