Hello and welcome to Keyk.de!Today we are preparing a:
This is filled with a light Quark (greek yogurt), cream, strawberry mixture on a chocolate cake base and covered in chocolate and fruit. What more could you want n a cake?
Here are the ingredients for the chocolate cake:
- 180g flour (1.5 cups)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 20g cocoa powder (unsweetened) - 2 tb sp.
- 4 eggs
- 150g sugar (2/3 cup) + 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- 1 dash of salt
Ingredients for the filling:
- 200g heavy cream (3/4 cup)
- 15g agar agar (or 9 gelatine leaves)
- 500g Quark (40% fat), alternatively 500g greek yogurt (firm kind) - equivalent to 2 cups
- 250g to 300g strawberry jam (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 tb sp strawberry jam + 5 tb sp hot water
- 4-5 peach halves, cut into thin slices
- 150g bittersweet chocolate + 30 g butter - melt both ingredients together
- 50g bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- Beat the eggs in the standmixer briefly
- Pour in sugar and vanilla sugar and beat this with the eggs for 15 minutes
- In the meantime, prepare dry ingredients. Stir flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt together.
- Set a cake ring to 20cm in diameter and cover the bottom with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 180 Celcius (350 Farehnehit).
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture - be careful - do not overbeat.
- Pour the batter into the cake ring and bake for 28 - 30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes in the cake ring.
- Then remove from the cake ring and flip. Let cool for an hour.
- The original base of the cake should be the new top of the cake.
- Cut cake into 3 layers: 2 thick and one thin. The thin layer should be the original base from which we cut 8 equally sized triangles.
- Cut a circle from the middle layer and leave an edge of about 1 cm - 1.5 cm (1 inch).
- Cut the thin layer into 8 equal sized triangles.
Preapring the filling:
- Pour agar into heavy cream to moisten.
- Combine jam and Quark (or Greek Yogurt)
- Prepare syrup.
- Bring heavy cream to a boil. Remove from heat 5 - 10 seconds once it begins to bubble. Stir a few seconds to cool it down.
- Pour heavy cream-agar mixture into Quark and stir for 2 - 3 minutes to cool it down.
- Place in fridge for an hour.
Bringing it all together:
- Please cake base on serving platter. Moisten with syrup.
- Place cake ring from second layer on top.
- Wrap with cake ring (spring form).
- Pour 12 - 15 table spoons of Quark mixture into center.
- Place middle layer on top.
- Moisten the inside of the triangle pieces and place around edge of cake.
- Distribute remainder of filling.
- Cut peachesi in thin slices and distribute on the cake.
- Place in fridge for 3 - 4 hours until it firms.
- Remove cake ring. Distribute melted chocolate and chocolate grinds.
- Distribute powedered sugar on cake.