Ingredients for Flamingo Cake Topper - Vegan(makes about 10 Vegan Flamingo Cake Toppers)
- 125 g sugar
- 125 ml aquafaba - I've drained the water from two chickpea cans and let the water sit in the fridge overnight. Whatever was left over, I froze.
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- Wooden skewers
- Gel food color in pink and yellow.
- Gold sugar pearls for the eyes.
Instructions for flamingo cake toppers
- The amounts specified above suffice for about 10 flamingo toppers. Beat the aquafaba for about 10 minutes before adding sugar. Make sure to use a standmixer, if possible. Then add the sugar and beat for another 5 minutes. Vanilla sugar as well - alternatively, some type of aroma or flavor (maybe some strawberry flavor? Yum!).
- Color the vegan meringue with gel food color.
Using a pastry bag, pipe flamingos on parchment paper and on a wood skewer. Then dry the flamingos in a preheated oven at 100 degrees Celcius for 75 minutes. Then leave them in the oven for remaining 30 minutes. For more detailed instructions, watch the video below.