Hello and welcome to Keyk.de!
Today I am making three new cake stands with some candle holders that I am no longer using and a few items I keep around the house, like E6000 glue.
Three Cake Stand DesignsI wanted to create three cake stands that are distinctively different from one another:
* glass design with a soft blue touch. This one is ideal for mermaid cakes, that are currently trending;
* dark and wood design with gold highlights. This cake stand is best suited for dark (chocolate) cakes;
* geometric cake stand. I am most excited about this one. This one will be used for cakes with a geometric or plain pattern. A Gatsby inspired, 1920s cake would look wonderful on this stand.
Products I use to create the cake stands- E6000 Glue*
- Geometric candle holder*
- IKEA dessert plate
- IKEA geometric plate
- Wood plate*
- Leaf gold and glue*
* The links marked with an asterisk (*) are so-called affiliate links. If you click on such an affiliate link and buy through this link, I get from the relevant online store or provider a commission. For you, the price does not change.
Working with E6000
- wipe all surfaces with alcohol and allow to dry before applying
- requires 24 - 72 hours to set fully
Working with leaf gold and glue
- apply the glue with a brush and let stand for about 20 minutes (for wood surfaces, few minutes will do)
- place gold leaf and let it dry for 1 - 2 hours. Then brush off excess pieces with a soft brush.