Walking time: 1.5 hours
Olive Ciabatta rolls ingredients:
- 80 ml of olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 100g black olives (1 cup)
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 shrubs thyme (or more)
- 2 bushes of rosemary
- 2 packs of dry yeast
- 750 ml of warm water (3 1/4 cups)
- 1kg of flour - 8 cups in total (divided between 1/3 regular wheat flour, 1/3 whole grain spelt flour, 1/3 spelt flour) - then about another half a cup of regular flour for dusting, etc.
Ciabatta recipe instructions:
- Comine flour varieties together with a spoon.
- Dig a small hole in the middle and add yeast. Add warm water and sugar and leave for 2 minutes.
- Stir with a spoon - when it becomes too challenging with the spoon, then knead with clean hands for about 1.5 minutes.
- Add salt and olive oil and knead until the dough comes off the bowl.
- Cut olives and herbs into small pieces and knead them into the dough.
- Place large plate on the bowl and let rest for 1 hour in a warm place.
- After an hour, knead dough with some flour and proportion to 16 small pieces.
- Smooth the surface of the small rolls and place them on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Let the bread roll rest for 30 minutes. Heat the oven to 180 degrees after 20 minutes.
- Bake rolls for about 28 minutes.
Ciabatta dough after an hour of rest
16 Ciabatta rolls after 30 minutes of resting
Ciabatta fresh out of the oven