- 500g flour (3 1/3 cup)
- 70g butter (about 3 / 8 cup, or 3 oz)
- 50g sugar (1/4 cup)
- 250ml milk (1 cup)
- 1 egg
- 1 pack of yeast (7 gram)
- 1 pak of vanilla sugar (alternative, 1 tblsp sugar + 2 tsp. vanilla extract)
Pudding Filling Ingredients
- 2 packs of pudding mix. The one I am using requires 300ml of cold milk per pack. So, there's no heating involved. The product I am using is available on Amazon as well. You can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Oetker-Paradies-Vanille-Vanilla/dp/B01BYKMNB8
- 500ml chilled heavy cream (2 cups) - using heavy cream instead of milk, as it gives me a firmer texture
Almond Topping Ingredients
- 100ml heavy cream (about a tablespoon less than 1/2 cup)
- 100g butter (about a tablespoon less than 1/2 cup)
- 200g sliced almonds (2 cups)
- 75g sugar (1/3 cup)
- Place butter in milk and heat until melted. Allow it to fully cool to room temperature before proceeding.
- Pour all ingredients in a large bowl and combine. Knead for a minute or two.
- Place in a warm spot and allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Line a 28 cm diameter springform pan or cake ring (11") with parchment paper and grease with butter.
- Roll dough in springform pan.
- Poke holes with a fork. The more, the more it will absorb the almond topping.
- Then proceed to almond topping instructions.
Almond topping instructions:
- Combine all ingredients except for sliced almond in a saucepan until the butter has melted.
- Remove from heat and pour sliced almonds into saucepan and combine.
- Distribute almond topping all over dough and allow to rise for another 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit / 180 Celcius.
- Cover cake with alumnium foil and bake for 12 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 12 minutes.
- Allow to fully cool and cut horizontally in half. Slice 4 to 8 slices from the top crusted layer, as it will become too challenging to cut later when filled.
- Proceed to pudding filling.
Pudding filling instructions.
- Pour pudding mixture and heavy cream into a large bowl and mix until stiff.
- Distribute filling on bottom half of cake. Place top cake on top.
- Allow to cool for 1 hr.