Hi lovelies! Thanks for stopping by!
The ingredients for this recipe are detailed in the video below along with an instructional video.
I use a bundt cake with 22 cm diameter (about 8.6 inches). I bake the cake in the oven at 180 degrees celicus for 55 minutes.
Chocolate bundt cake ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar and a pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 150g butter
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 100g mascarpone
- 100g heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 strawberries - chopped smalled
- 6 - 8 raspberries (or other fruit of your choice)
100g milk chocolate melted
- Add boiling water to butter and coca powder and let sit for about 4 minutes until butter is completely melted. Stir frequently ensuring no lumps of coca powder.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add yogurt to dry ingredients.
- When cocoa powder has cooled, add to dry ingredients.
- Seperate egg whites and beat until soft peaks, then gradually add yolks and continue beating.
- Fold in eggs.
- Ensure cake pan is thoroughly buttered - dust the base with cocoa powder, to make sure nothing sticks.
- Add cake batter to cake pan and bake for 55 minutes at 180 degrees celcius.
- Allow to cool completely (at least an hour).
- Cut top portion of bundt cake.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes, while preparing the filling.
- Combine ingredients for filling and beat until creamy.
- Add to a pastry bag.
- Remove cake from freezer and start cutting out the cake with a melon spoon.
- Add filling, topped with berries.
- Add bundt cake "lid" back on.
- Pour melted milk chocolate on top.